Treating Infants and Children
Chiropractic treatment of babies, infants and kids is a safe, conservative, gentle form of treatment.
The traditional adjustment that many adults have received is modified depending on your child’s age and size.
When chiropractors treat babies the adjustments are done using a one or two fingers with steady, gentle pressure.
Since babies, infants and kids have different ways of communicating with us, we need to be aware of other signs that joint stiffness or muscle tightness may be present.
With babies, we teach mothers to be aware of:
- One-sided feeding preferences
- Whether the baby can or will turn its head to both sides to follow sound
- Holding his/her head to one side
With infants and kids, its more lifestyle related:
- Child has taken a big fall (whether they are learning to walk or fell off their bike)
- Child may verbally tell you, but remember they may use different descriptions than adults that are not as “pain focused”.
Chiropractic care is a safe, effective form of treatment that can help your kids remain active and painfree.
NOTE: This article is for general information purposes only, and is NOT intended to replace the examination and advice of a Registered Health Care Provider.